in spite of music
marika
2009-01-19 15:58:52 UTC
On the latest Enterprise a delcious breakfast was
fixed for the Captain and his Armory officer and they
did not eat a bite.

. I remain
afraid of going to work. FOUR DAY weekend. I had other stuff to finish
up including some reading for a report I have to do for one of the bosses
and also, mental preparation for an interviews. I've haven't written a word
yet. So, maybe I will write something tomorrow.

I keep hoping I will feel better and
it is very slow.

A friend once did participate in a March against
the proposed war in Iraq. Six thousand people were
there. Made her feel like she was doing something
worthwhile. I can't imagine how attending the inauguration festivities would
make me feel that. All I would feel is cold
okay, i can forgive Rick Roswell for not disclosing what kind of
millionaire he was. An IT millionaire. At that point all he had was
stock in a company that
he built that was probably affected by the IT bubble burstage
he must've just wanted an adoring companion, & most
anyone will stoop to buying it -- or trying to attract it with money,
prestige, whatever...
I also can't stand that Kate Mulgrew Star Trek character.
it's a horrible Kate Hepburn ripoff, isn't it? And why is it that
every time the celluloid portrays a powerful woman she has to be a total
fucking bitch? Did you see the STNG episodes where Deanna Troi was being
tested for a promotion? Why did they have to portray her as completely
baffled by the engineering & technical stuff? -- as well as challenged by
facing tough decisions like whether to sacrifice a few lives for the whole
crew? Where is star fleet academy to prepare me for the jobs I've been
doing
for the past 3 years? I need it now!
mk6000
2009-01-19 16:07:53 UTC
I just finished watching Growing up Elephant

CUTE

and now I am tackling Growing Up Lion

when I was buying the children's books, i'll bet that neither clerk could
define the
characteristics of a champ coonhound. that is likely
why they are selling books.

I really can't stand the Madeline book series for kids though.

Madeline's rebelliousness is the
reason that she pronounces her name incorrectly. somehow
the french always seem to cause one to pause. I wonder if the book cer is
likely still thinking about my question to him as to why Madeline
mispronounces her name.
My friend once said I remind me of the kid (billy
mumy) in the twilight zone episode entitled,
"pleasantville, usa. He effectively banished the
sales clerk to the corn field.
why, he said I had the makings of a twilight zone episode in
that bookstore. He said he could see the final scene: a
distraught clerk is near collapse, muttering to no one
in particular "le customer is always right..."
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:26 AM
=========
==========
============
==============
. Anecdote
Another anecdote I remembered from my chess cousin. He went to Yale
with
George Bush. He belonged to one of the secret societies so was very
familiar with the young George. He said that George was drunk and
stoned
at
all times, and that his usual place on campus was on one of the stone
steps
snoring loudly with arms splayed out widely unaware that the world was
passing him by. You could just imagine when he had to apologize to his
dad
about his poor performance in school. His speech was just such an
apology.
I recall his dad had declared, a few days ago, that he's proud that
his son became US president.
=======
well what dad wouldn't be
============
[...]
;)
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2009/01/18/1232281819_9782/539w.jpg
=============
========
==================
?
=========
Detective Club
marika
2009-01-19 16:09:59 UTC
I wonder if Kate Mulgrew is conscious of the fact that she sounds and looks
like Katherine Hepburn in Star Trekt. she also played
Columbo's wife but did not have that ridiculous bun? I wonder if Sarah
Palin based her look on these two
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:26 AM
Detective Club
marika
2009-01-19 16:13:13 UTC
I forgot to pay homage to Majel Barrett who died recently. She is Gene
Roddensberry's real wife and who played the voice of the computer on
the first Star Trek (as well as the nurse) and Deanna Troi's mother.

So I postulate that Deanna Troi's fear is even more
psychologically deep seated and requires some really good Freudian couch
time for her to get over her fear of technology ie in the form of her
mother's role as a computer

can you imagine being schooled and disciplined by THAT voice. Very
confusing
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:26 AM
[...]
continue to
Detective Club
marika
2009-01-19 18:05:10 UTC
they can insist whatever they want...But I really enjoyed Galaxy Quest. It's
a great spoof of not just star trek but of startrek cons

I don't think you were supposed to know Enrico Colantoni is in it. Because
of
makeup and
speech pattern I just couldn't place him.
If the guy with the alien skullcap isn't supposed to be Spock well then too
bad
and if the guy in the engine room isn't Scotty., well there you are
and if Berylium spheres don't sounds like dilythium crystals then pardon me
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:26 AM