I believe
morph
2012-05-05 05:49:42 UTC
in homicide. You better believe it.I rest my case. take it or leave it. resign to it.

So.. like Munch is on tv for 20+ years? Shouldn't somebody on Gunsmoke be getting worried>

sorry if i brought up the show. yaknow, that started this mess.

i still am morpheus, and i'm entertaining a product named grecian, but i can't vouch for it's authenticity.
Sherlock.Homes
2013-03-05 16:04:16 UTC
"morph" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:27605297.57.1336196982044.JavaMail.geo-discussion-***@vbvx4...
(snip)
Post by morph
sorry if i brought up the show. yaknow, that started this mess.
i still am morpheus, and i'm entertaining a product named grecian, but i
can't vouch for it's authenticity.

. . . and you still can't spell, you greyhaired king of Queens. :=)

It's too bad this group imploded. It could have stayed quite lively since
many of the H:LotS alums have gone on to do a lot of very interesting work.
Melissa Leo (The Fighter, Frozen River, 21 Grams) even won an Oscar. I've
seen a number of ex-H:LotS folks on House and L&O:CI. The two main stars of
CI were both lead guest stars on H:LotS (Erbe and D'Onfrio) and Melissa Leo
and Callie Thorne both had excellent guest spots on CI (as criminals!).

I even saw Giancarlo Esposito on NBC's great but underrated comedy show,
"Community." Callie Thorne's done well for herself and so has Edie Falco.
(Any "Nurse Jackie" fans out there?)

Yes, it's too bad that the all the follow-on work done by the many people
who helped make H:LotS a great show didn't get chronicled here. The wages
of war, I suppose.

Anyone catch the recent "Zombie Joss Whedon" bit on Robot Chicken?

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/02/zombie_joss_whedon_closes_out_robot_chicken.php

If only Buffy had killed ALL the vampires. Then we wouldn't have to suffer
through Twilight and all its clones! Here's a thought exercise. Take the
current TV lineup and pretend to be a network suit trying to figure out a
way to add a zombie or vampire angle to every show. Cooking for Zombies,
Cooking WITH Zombies, Zombie Yoga, Vampire Court, Law & Order, Special
Vampire Unit, American Zombie, Zombie Croc Hunter, Zombie 5-0, etc.

Today's quiz question: "What episode of H:LotS used 'Walkout' by Matthew
Sweet?"

Sherlock
robert armstrong
2013-03-07 01:38:30 UTC
...many of the H:LotS alums have gone on to do
a lot of very interesting work. Melissa Leo (The
Fighter, Frozen River, 21 Grams) even won an Oscar.
See Frozen River. Brilliant film based in Native American "trickster"
narrative. The real star turning point for Melissa.

Love SVU episode a few seasons back when Andre Braugher walked in and
Munch said "Do I know you?" Of course R Belzer was still Munch but
Braugher was a new character.

Peter Gerety (Det. Garty) has appeared occasionally as a judge on one of
the L&O series.

And of course at least two of the Homicide guest stars, Marcia Gay
Harden ("Doll's Eyes") and Jake Gyllenhaal ("Bop Gun") are serious box
office now (maybe Harden's cooled off a little)..
Sherlock.Homes
2013-03-08 12:05:48 UTC
Post by robert armstrong
...many of the H:LotS alums have gone on to do
a lot of very interesting work. Melissa Leo (The
Fighter, Frozen River, 21 Grams) even won an Oscar.
See Frozen River. Brilliant film based in Native American "trickster"
narrative. The real star turning point for Melissa.
Howdy, Bob-O!

I've found myself watching her but not realizing it was her until I looked
at the cast list. She was excellent in the L&O:CI episode about a family in
witness protection called "The Good Child." Callie Thorne did a great job
as the GF of a professional silver thief in the episode called "Silver
Lining." Thorne's had roles in a number of shows like "Rescue Me" and
"Unneccessary Roughness."
Post by robert armstrong
Love SVU episode a few seasons back when Andre Braugher walked in and
Munch said "Do I know you?" Of course R Belzer was still Munch but
Braugher was a new character.
I never really caught the SVU bug, but I was a fan of all the other L&O
spinoffs. Too bad "Trial by Jury" with Bebe Neuwirth never found its
footing. Chris Meloni was an H:LotS alum, too. Braugher ended up as
House's shrink in an arc that also included the guy from The Green Mile who
starred as (jeez, I forgot Kyle Secor's character's name!!!!) the guy who
shot the foreign student on his porch. David Morse! (Who always looked
like he's related to Michael Moriarity. Even Michael Michele showed up on
"House" as a CIA doctor and the cop movie, "Dark Blue."

Let's see: Munch, Howard, Pembleton - crap - that's all I can remember.
Zeljko Ivanek had a turn on "House" as a irate patient with a gun. Can't
remember his role name on H:LotS though.

If enough people show up that have tapes or DVDs we could go through the
whole show from the beginning. Giardello? OMG, I've gone senile. Tim
Bayliss! I cheated at the IMDb. I don't think I would have remembered even
if I was on a waterboard. Oh sweet bird of youth, you've got mange and your
feathers are falling out. I could remember the name Clark Johnson, but not
Meldrick Lewis. It's odd because usually I can remember the character's
name, but not the actor's.
Post by robert armstrong
Peter Gerety (Det. Garty) has appeared occasionally as a judge on one of
the L&O series.
He co-starred along with Capt. Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) from ST:Voyager in a
short-lived cop show that I will have to look up in the IMDB. Oops, not a
cop show, but a medical show called "Mercy." That show also starred
Michelle Tractenberg, a Buffy alum and Taylor Schilling, who was also in
"Argo."
Post by robert armstrong
And of course at least two of the Homicide guest stars, Marcia Gay
Harden ("Doll's Eyes") and Jake Gyllenhaal ("Bop Gun") are serious box
office now (maybe Harden's cooled off a little)..
Cooled off is an understatement. The last time I remember her in anything
special was "Miller's Crossing." I see on the IMDb that she's been working
continuously, but hasn't starred in anything I've seen, although I have
added several to my Netflix queue that sound interesting like "Gaudi
Afternoon" that also stars Judy Davis, Lili Taylor and Juliette Lewis.

I never even knew Jake was in "Bop Gun."

Sherlock
robert armstrong
2013-03-13 20:02:55 UTC
I never even knew Jake [Gyllenhaal] was in "Bop Gun."
Sherlock
He's the director's son for that episode, supposedly making it easier to
work with a kid in the picture (if he knows he's gonna get the old
belteroo when he gets home). Plays Robin Williams' son. Lighter hair
color.
Sherlock.Homes
2013-03-15 10:16:51 UTC
Post by robert armstrong
I never even knew Jake [Gyllenhaal] was in "Bop Gun."
Sherlock
He's the director's son for that episode, supposedly making it easier to
work with a kid in the picture (if he knows he's gonna get the old
belteroo when he gets home). Plays Robin Williams' son. Lighter hair
color.
I'm tempted to retrieve my box of H:LotS videotapes from the attic just to
see!

I'm surprised that H:LotS doesn't seem to be on cable anymore although I see
episodes listed on YouTube and other more dubious sites.

Sherlock