Homicide: Life on the Streets ... storyline music
ShellinPA
2004-06-20 18:35:10 UTC
I'm not sure what season it was from, but Kellerman was just getting cozy
with the new cororner. The camera guy, Brody did a compilation thing for
PBS and in the background was a tune: "and it was boom boom boom, boom
boom boom .. all night long", etc.

Does anybody have any info on this tune and how I might be able to get a
hold of it. I've tried everywhere.
RESchwalb
2004-06-21 03:11:25 UTC
ShellinPA wrote:

<< . . . and in the background was a tune: "and it was boom boom boom, boom
boom boom .. all night long", etc.

Does anybody have any info on this tune and how I might be able to get a
hold of it. I've tried everywhere. >>

"Boom, Boom, Boom," by The Iguanas. If only y'all would remember The Only
Homicide-Related Website You'll Ever Need, http://members.aol.com/hlotslinks.
Click on "Stuff," then scroll all the way to the bottom, and you'll find the
tune is on two different CDs at Amazon, plus you can check out The Iguanas'
official website.

My work here is done.

Robin
ShellinPA
2004-06-21 12:09:11 UTC
Thank you Robin ... I will check out the site you mentioned. I myself had
never heard of it before but if it is truly "the only homicide-related
website I'll ever need" then what more can a person ask for.

Again ... thank you very much. That tune has been driving my crazy for
years.
dalecue
2004-07-21 08:19:45 UTC
ShellinPA wrote in message ...
Post by ShellinPA
Thank you Robin ... I will check out the site you mentioned. I myself had
never heard of it before but if it is truly "the only homicide-related
website I'll ever need" then what more can a person ask for.
Again ... thank you very much. That tune has been driving my crazy for
years.
that version is a 'cover' of the John Lee Hooker song
you owe it to yourself to seek out the original - my work here is done
La Binsk
2004-07-21 18:48:28 UTC
Post by dalecue
that version is a 'cover' of the John Lee Hooker song
you owe it to yourself to seek out the original - my work here is done
Not so fast, bunky. The Iguanas did *not* do a cover version of John
Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom". Just doing a partial comparison of the
lyrics will show you:

"Boom Boom" by John Lee Hooker

Boom, boom, boom, boom
I'm gonna shoot you right down
Knock you off of your feet
And take you home with me
Put you in my house
Boom, boom, boom, boom

"Boom, Boom, Boom" by Rod Hodges (as performed by The Iguanas)

He walked down the street to the corner liquor store
Got some cigarettes and wine then he backed out the door
Now he's back page news
Down in the neighborhood

And it's boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom all night long
Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom all night long

Two totally different songs.

La Binsk
Highly recommends to listening to both songs - closely.
morph
2004-07-22 06:04:13 UTC
Post by La Binsk
Two totally different songs.
and thus...the door has been splayed for me (i couldn't spell openned,
or opened)

a few years back, new york city pseudo-intels all thought john lee was
the intellectually cool guy to listen to (to show their coolness) for a
time. They ended up over-glorifying him. so I like this one better. the
iguana's song is more fatalistically intriguing. i mean, in my opinion.
i mean it cuts thru the haze, ya dig?

morph - had an iguana as a kid, maybe is jaundiced?
La Binsk
2004-07-22 14:45:18 UTC
Replying to my own post because, like an idiot (though not like a
certain idiot godlet who shall remain nameless <g>), I left out a line
Post by La Binsk
Post by dalecue
that version is a 'cover' of the John Lee Hooker song
you owe it to yourself to seek out the original - my work here is done
Not so fast, bunky. The Iguanas did *not* do a cover version of John
Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom". Just doing a partial comparison of the
"Boom Boom" by John Lee Hooker
Boom, boom, boom, boom
I'm gonna shoot you right down
Knock you off of your feet
And take you home with me
Put you in my house
Boom, boom, boom, boom
"Boom, Boom, Boom" by Rod Hodges (as performed by The Iguanas)
He walked down the street to the corner liquor store
Got some cigarettes and wine then he backed out the door
It didn't work out like he thought it would
Post by La Binsk
Now he's back page news
Down in the neighborhood
And it's boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom all night long
Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom all night long
Two totally different songs.
Sheesh.

La Binsk
morph
2004-06-30 09:23:16 UTC
RESchwalb wrote:

trix ain't parvesh, as if that means anything. parvy ain't worth any lie....

y'all, i'm just a deity, i don't rule....

morph- knows the program
RESchwalb
2004-07-01 01:07:29 UTC
morph wrote:

<< trix ain't parvesh, as if that means anything. parvy ain't worth any lie....
Huh? What I do, now?

Trixie
morph
2004-07-02 12:21:50 UTC
Post by RESchwalb
<< trix ain't parvesh, as if that means anything. parvy ain't worth any lie....
Huh? What I do, now?
sweetheart, it's a compliment. soon that shall become evident. Parvy's
gonna end up bein a white guy faking an indian slant with the IQ of a
dodge truck drivin' "hemi" lover. You, are the genuine article.

morpheus - now please mention the soundtrack :)
RESchwalb
2004-07-07 18:53:01 UTC
sweetheart, it's a compliment. soon that shall become evident. Parvy's
gonna end up bein a white guy faking an indian slant with the IQ of a
dodge truck drivin' "hemi" lover. You, are the genuine article. >>

As snarkums would say, "smooches."

<< now please mention the soundtrack :) >>

You mean, that incredible 4-CD set of musical highlights from the soundtrack of
Homicide: Life on the Street? Is it that to which you refer, sir? Put
together, with a fan's love and sheer idiocy, by a certain unnameable,
unknowable and ineffable godlet? Is this the soundtrack you have in mind?
Because it is fabulous, indeed, a thing of beauty; no well-appointed CD
collection complete without.

Trixie
don't leave home without it
morph
2004-07-10 05:48:10 UTC
Post by morph
sweetheart, it's a compliment. soon that shall become evident. Parvy's
gonna end up bein a white guy faking an indian slant with the IQ of a
dodge truck drivin' "hemi" lover. You, are the genuine article. >>
As snarkums would say, "smooches."
<< now please mention the soundtrack :) >>
You mean, that incredible 4-CD set of musical highlights from the soundtrack of
Homicide: Life on the Street? Is it that to which you refer, sir? Put
together, with a fan's love and sheer idiocy, by a certain unnameable,
unknowable and ineffable godlet? Is this the soundtrack you have in mind?
Because it is fabulous, indeed, a thing of beauty; no well-appointed CD
collection complete without.
Trixie
don't leave home without it
uhyeah as snarkums would say....x x x

morph - or boom boom boom all nite long,whichever? :)
lewie spearman
2023-10-15 23:04:57 UTC
Post by morph
sweetheart, it's a compliment. soon that shall become evident. Parvy's
gonna end up bein a white guy faking an indian slant with the IQ of a
dodge truck drivin' "hemi" lover. You, are the genuine article. >>
As snarkums would say, "smooches."
<< now please mention the soundtrack :) >>
You mean, that incredible 4-CD set of musical highlights from the soundtrack of
Homicide: Life on the Street? Is it that to which you refer, sir? Put
together, with a fan's love and sheer idiocy, by a certain unnameable,
unknowable and ineffable godlet? Is this the soundtrack you have in mind?
Because it is fabulous, indeed, a thing of beauty; no well-appointed CD
collection complete without.
Trixie
don't leave home without it
where can you find this fanmade soundtrack?

Georgiana Page
2004-07-07 20:01:20 UTC
work it out you will make it & your music